QMB Satellite Asia Pacific Kidney Development Workshop
3rd Asia-Pacific Kidney Development Workshop
September 5-6, 2019
Rydges Hotel, Queenstown, New Zealand
Click here to download the programme - updated 13 August
A/Prof. Alan Davidson, Dr. Veronika Sander and Dr. Paula Lewis (University of Auckland)
The Asia-Pacific Kidney Development Workshop was founded in 2012 to provide a forum for researchers from the Pacific Rim to present and discuss their cutting-edge work on kidney development and renal regeneration. After the inaugural 2012 Asia-Pacific Kidney Development Workshop in Adelaide, the second workshop was held in 2014 in Queenstown New Zealand with expanded international attendance.
The 2019 Asia Pacific Kidney Development Workshop will return to Queenstown New Zealand as a satellite of the Queenstown Research Week (QRW), New Zealand’s biggest annual scientific gathering. QRW is attended by over 1,000 scientists and offers a week of co-ordinated meetings that cover a wide range of topics in the biological sciences.
The 3rd Asia Pacific Kidney Development Workshop will bring together kidney, embryology and regenerative medicine researchers from NZ, Australia, Asia, Europe and USA. There will be presentations from established and early-career scientists, including a plenary lecture by the highly regarded Professor Andreas Schedl (Institute Biologie Valrose, University of Nice, France). Research on kidney embryology, stem cells, kidney organoids and kidney regeneration will be presented with a strong application to human disease. Several opportunities for scientific and social exchange amongst the workshop participants will be provided. There are few kidney meetings of this kind world-wide that foster the exchange and progress of scientific research towards understanding the underlying causes of kidney disease, as well as contributing to improved approaches for diagnosis and treatment.
Registration for speakers and poster presentations is through the QRW portal.
- Professor Andreas Schedl (Institute Biologie Valrose, University of Nice, France)
- Professor Leif Oxburgh (Maine Medical Centre Research Institute, USA)
- Professor Aleksandr Vasilyev (New York Institute of Technology, USA)
- A/Professor Xia Yun (Nangyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Professor Sanjeev Kumar (Cedars Sinai Medical Center, USA)
- Dr. Lori O’Brien (University of North Carolina, USA)
- Dr. Alexander Combes (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- Dr. Kynan Lawlor (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- Professor Ian Smyth (Monash University, Australia)
- Dr. Kieran Short (Monash University, Australia)
- Professor Dagmar Iber (ETH Basel, Switzerland)
- Professor Maxine Bouchard (McGill University, Canada)
- Dr. Cherie Stayner (University of Otago, New Zealand)
- Dr. Bjorn Oback (AgResearch, New Zealand)
- Associate Professor Alan Davidson (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Dr. Veronika Sander (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Dr. George Chang (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Dr. Jane Black, Monash University, Australia
Dr. Xiangjian Zheng, Centenary Institute, Australia